Not only was this raw vegan chocolate pie a hit at a dinner party, but it even passed the five year old kid taste test. Impressive!
ireallylikefood shared this fabulous recipe for a chocolate pie made with a mixed nut crust and filled with a pudding-like chocolate mixture that included avocados, cocoa powder, and shredded coconut. Garnished with fresh fruit, the raw chocolate pie mixture could also work as a delicious cake frosting.
Check out the link below for the full recipe and a step-by-step process with pictures, of how to make this fabulous vegan chocolate pie.
Chocolate Filling for Raw Vegan Chocolate Pie Recipe by ireallylikefood.
- 3 avocados (stay with me here, the outcome is truly delicious!)
- 1/2 cup of agave (1/2 cup maple syrup)
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 Tbsp tahini (aka: sesame butter) (cold pressed coconut butter I had none)
- (3/4 cup raw carob powder I skipped this because I don’t like it)
- 4 Tbsp organic cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut (optional… I added this because i had no coconut butter)
- berries of choice
1. Cut your avocados in half
2. Pit your avocados and scoop out the flesh into your food processor along with the vanilla, tahini, shredded coconut and agave. Blend away (a blender also works for this)
3. Once it is nicely blended add in your cocoa powder and blend.
4. Fill in your pie crust and top with berries